- Give your dog something to do while in the crate. This can range from toys that require manual manipulation, such as Kongs, treat puzzles, or chew toys, to interactive feeders and food-dispensing balls.
- Spend time playing with your pup before leaving for work so they are good and tired when you leave them in the crate.
- Consider providing a calming item, such as an article of clothing you’ve worn or a blanket that smells like home for comfort when alone in the crate.
- Put on some soothing music or white noise to help drown out external sounds and keep him calm when left alone during the day at home or in his crate while away at work.
- Provide plenty of exercise before being crated up–this will help tire them out mentally and physically, making it easier for them to relax until you return home from work.
- Create a daily routine around feeding times so your pup knows what is expected daily. Feeding times also provide mental stimulation if you use puzzle feeders instead of just throwing down kibble & water bowls every day.
- Lastly, consider having someone come over during lunch breaks if possible; this will give your pup much-needed human interaction throughout their time alone in the crate.
- Give your dog a durable chew toy: Providing your pup with an appropriate chewing outlet is essential to prevent destructive behaviors such as chewing on furniture or shoes.
- Durable toys, like Kongs and Nylabones, are excellent for keeping dogs preoccupied while in their crate.
- Make sure to stuff the toy with treats or peanut butter to make it more enticing for them.
- Provide interactive puzzle toys: Puzzle toys can help keep dogs mentally stimulated while in their crates by providing activities that make them think and problem-solve.
- Many of these toys have compartments where you can put treats, so when the dog moves the pieces around, they get rewarded with a treat!
- Put some music on. Playing soothing music or sounds from nature can help reduce stress levels in anxious pups who don’t enjoy being left alone during the day while you’re at work.
- This will also provide background noise, which may be beneficial if there is construction outside or loud neighbors nearby that might otherwise disturb your pup’s nap time!
What are Some Ways to Keep My Dog Entertained While I am at Work And He is in His Crate?
There are several ways to entertain a dog while you are away.
- Provide plenty of toys – Stuffing Kongs with treats and offering puzzle toys can provide hours of entertainment for your pup.
- Let them play outside – If your pet is comfortable in the yard, give them an outdoor space to explore and run around.
- Get interactive feeders – Slow mealtime using a slow-feed bowl or puzzle feeder that forces your puppy to work for their food!
These activities will help keep your pup entertained while you’re at work and prevent boredom-related behaviors like barking, digging, or chewing on furniture.
You Can Add a Few Toys, Such As Puzzle Feeders Or Chew Toys, That Will Help Occupy Them for Longer Periods of Time
Adding toys to your pet’s environment can provide them with mental stimulation, physical exercise, and an excellent outlet for their energy. Here are some ideas:
- Puzzle feeders: Stimulate your pet’s mind by hiding treats inside the puzzle feeder.
- Chew toys: Great for teething puppies or dogs that chew out of boredom.
- Balls and ropes: Perfect for playing fetch and tug of war with your pup! These provide hours of entertainment and exercise.
Adding these simple items will give your pet an enjoyable way to pass the time while also providing plenty of mental stimulation!
Additionally, You Could Provide an Interactive Toy Like a Kong Filled With Treats That Encourages Physical Activity And Problem-Solving Skills
An interactive toy like a Kong can provide your dog with hours of entertainment and enrichment. It encourages physical activity as they search for treats while stimulating their problem-solving skills. Benefits of an interactive toy like a Kong:
- Mental stimulation
- Physical exercise
- Reduces stress and boredom
Another Option is to Freeze Some Peanut Butter Inside the Kong for a Longer-Lasting Treat
Peanut butter is a delicious and nutritious treat for many dogs. Here are some benefits of freezing it in a Kong:
- Reduces mess – the peanut butter won’t be as runny or sticky when frozen.
- Long-lasting snack – takes your pup longer to consume, making them feel satisfied for longer.
- Easy to prepare – fill the Kong with peanut butter, freeze it overnight, and let your pup enjoy it!
You May Also Consider Hiring a Pet Sitter Or Dog Walker Who Can Take Your Pup Out During the Day for Exercise And Socialization
Hiring a pet sitter or dog walker is an excellent way to ensure your pup gets the necessary exercise and socialization during the day. Here are some advantages of hiring a professional:
- Convenience – You don’t have to worry about coordinating your schedule with friends or family members who might help out.
- Professionalism – A reliable and experienced pet care provider can be trusted to care for your pup while you’re away.
- Exercise & Socialization – Regular walks, playtime, and interaction with other animals will keep them happy and healthy.
How to Keep Your Dog Busy While You’re At Work!
The key to keeping your dog entertained while in the crate while you are at work is to provide them with a safe, comfortable environment that includes plenty of toys and treats. By following these tips, you can ensure your pup has everything they need to stay mentally stimulated and happy during their alone time. With some creativity, dedication, and patience, you can create a comfortable home environment for yourself and your furry friend.